Friday, January 9, 2009

Kadhaai Murgh


Its been a really long time since I posted a recipe or any other thing,just because I was a bit busy,and under a writer's block, had many things to write about,but still could not find words to frame my thoughts, and very lazy to take pictures and write about it,I swear I was and still am feeling very lethargic,.Anyways, I saw some nice movies during these days, two of which are Ghajini and RNBDJ(rab ne bana di jodi),rnbdj is a timepass, I slept halfway through it,though I am a SRK fan,still these days his movies are becoming boring, no offense to anybody,on the other hand this movie Ghajini is bindaas,I loved it and also it's songs.Previously OSO disappointed me on the other hand Taare zamen par was really good, You know I was once a big SRK fan and hater of Amir Khan, but these days SRK is disappointing with same old type of movies..... I saw Ghajini in Tamil 2 years back,couldnt understand anything though,but that tamil actor was better than Amir.

Coming to the recipe part, the kadhaai chicken is a pakistani speciality,tastes much better than the Shan's kadhai gosh masala,and the only hard work in making this is according to me cutting and frying onions,thats it, other than that you will be done in about 15-25 mins.This recipe was given to me by Shehnaz aunty,who cooks really great pakistani food,I am bugging her to teach me some really nice things that she makes, will definitely post it,if I learn anything.This tastes exactly like the karhaai chicken of karachi darbar(pakistani restaurant chain in dubai),aaah I recently heard a very good news,that this karachi darbar is going to open right below our apartments,I am excited mainly because I can have fresh out of the tandoor, tandoor ki roti........yummmy!
A word of caution is that it uses up a lot of oil for bhoonofying, so a little tough choice for calorie conscious people,but I suppose pakistani food has lot of oil,what I did is,I drained the excess oil before serving, but for boonofying it should be there!


Ingredients:
1)Onion 4 medium,thinly sliced.
2)tomato 2 large,roughly chopped
3)salt
4)chilli powder-1tsp
5)turmeric-1/4 tsp
6)cilantro-a bunch
7)yoghurt-1/2 cup
8)garam masala-2 tsp
9)ginger garlic paste-2 tbsp
10)oil-for deep frying onions
11)chicken-1 whole
12)green chillies-4-5



Method:

--Heat oil in kadhaai,deep fry the sliced onions until golden brown colour,take out the onions from kadhaai and drain oil on a paper towel.
--In a blender,put fried onions,tomatoes,green chillies,cilantro,yoghurt ,blend it until a paste is formed.
--Heat oil in a large saucepan or large kadhaai, when it is warm,pt the ginger garlic paste and fry for sometime,then add the blended paste,fry for sometime ,then add red chilli powder,trmeric,salt and garam masala,mix and bhoonofy really well until the oil separates from the gravy.
--drop in the chicken peices into the gravy and add about half a cup of water,mix well and cover the vessel with a lid,and lower the flame,and let chicken cook on low flame for about half an hour or ntill the chicken is tender.
turn off the flame,and let it stand for about 15 mins before serving, serve warm with tandoor ki roti!

Pyzam Glitter Text Maker


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Yasmeen said...

Good to see you back syeda with movie reviews and a zabardust kadai chicken:).Say shukriya to shehnaz aunty mere taraf se.
My guddu here has made sure we can never watch movies again by damaging the DVD player,he was dumping papers and other crap in to the player without our notice and now the player is nothing but a big piece of junk:(

Anjum said...

asak syeda..nice to c ur post after a very long time.i first thought this recipe must b long n time consuming ...but its so damm easy..will surely try it n let u knw.i hav the cd of gajani at home but we r hardly finding time to watch this movie...hope to c it this weekend

Anonymous said...

ASAK syeda,
U have been off the scene for a long time..
Bang with a bang,eh?!
Tats a nice recipe...
I watched Gajjini and liked it too,though its a sadist movie,Aamir khan continues to excel,doesnt he?

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow spicy, juicy and lazeez...chicken recipe... Will try this version soon... Thought of going to Gajini but no time.... With your review will surely see it. I saw it telugu and tamil so not in a mood to go also...

Yasmeen said...

Hope everything is well dear.please trail back to my blog for a
token of gratitude:)

Anjum said...

Asak syeda...hope ur doing fine...no posts frm very long...do post a comment atlesat on ur blog..how are huda n sameeha?tc alfz

syeda said...

wasak Anjum, thanx a lot for dropping by,thing is I got a lil bit busy, children were sick,first Huda. fr almost a week and a half, then Sameeha, finally Me, now that everybody is fine, my Mom is visiting us, so I am busy learning some stuff,that I had missed all these years,and going out,thanx Anjum for inquiring , inshallah will be back with a bang:-)

Anonymous said...

Syeda, hope that you are having fun with your mom inshallah.
Missing your recipes :-(

vimmi said...

Syeda,
just went through your blog. It is really interesting. Hope to try some recipes in the near future. Well, I also go by your verdict. Surya was far better that Aamir in Ghajini. It was not Aamir's mistake, since it was a remake, surya's histronics was profound in Aamir. There arised the problem. Well, wishing you all the best and carry on with your good work. Once I tried your recipes, I will let us know. Take care.
Regards,
Yasmin

Behbood said...

Hi. Came across your website. Mashallah, has everything to get a reader hungry :P

Gincy said...

Hello...thanks for this recipe. I'll surely try it out. Can u please tell me how much oil has to be used to saute the ginger-garlic paste and remaining? I'm asking this because you said lot of oil is required. Also my family loves the Butter Chicken from Karachi Darbar. Especially my 5 year old daughter...she's a great fan of it. Please do see if you can get the recipe. Thank you so much :)